Be a part of Grafton's Citizen Police Academy | Community Spirit
Grafton's Fire and Police Departments have teamed up to start a Citizen's Safety Academy for the city.
This new academy shows the public the training that both departments are required to go through, as part of preparing for their respective job duties. Also, they give tours of both police and fire department facilities.
As part of this academy, participants will take part in training that involves classroom work and practical real life scenario training. The participant will gain better knowledge of how the police and fire departments work after completing the Academy's courses.
Both depts plan to conduct a class for a maximum of 10 participants on Wednesday evening, Sept. 26, from 6 to 9 p.m. The first class will take place at the Grafton Police Dept with a rotating 9 week schedule with the Grafton Fire Dept, with graduation to take place on Nov. 14, 2012.
Applications for the academy can be picked up at the Grafton Police Dept. Residents and persons working in the community who are over 18 are invited to apply. Record checks will be conducted for all people selected to the Safety Academy. The applications will close August 31, 2012.
Sgt David Podewils is the contact person for questions on the academy. Give him a call at (262) 375-5320.
Here is the schedule for the Safety Academy:September 19 Police Introductions, Local Speakers, Tour of facility-All
September 26 Fire
October 3 Police DAAT Demonstration SIMS / Vehicle Demonstrations & Vehicle Contacts
October 10 Fire
October 17 Police Drugs / Crime Scene Process
October 24 Fire
October 31 Police Taser / Firearms
November 7 Fire
November 14 All Graduation Ceremony at Fire House
Top Grafton / Saukville Stories
Upcoming Events near Grafton / Saukville
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Powerball jackpot worth $590 million creates lotto fever
- 17-year-old from Mequon will stand trial in sexual assault case
- Boy accused of sexual assault at Cedarburg daycare appears in court
- Woman charged with failure to report child abuse, neglect
- Adult, child in custody in connection with Cedarburg daycare case
- Free booster and car seat safety check Thursday, May 23
- Man accused of turning test drive into joy ride to stand trial
- Wash. Co. church to have Sheriff’s deputy at every church service
- Germantown church hires Washington Co. Sheriff's Deputies to provide security
- Executive director from Downtown West Bend Association resigns